AQA and Edexcel
Listed below are links to useful materials from our previous Annual Chinese Conferences which relate to GCSE level study of Mandarin organised by year.
- Stronger KS3 and New GCSE in Mandarin – Are You Ready? – Shan Lane
- Classroom strategies for delivering the new Chinese GCSE writing – Alice Webb & Dr. Qian Kan
- Teaching writing styles for the new GCSE – Yadi Luo
- Activities and Strategies Targeting New GCSE Exam Questions – from Speaking to Writing – Newton Leng
- Planning for progress in the context of the new curriculum – Aurelie Sanner
- New elements in GCSE – Michelle Tate and Yan Hua
- Facing and embracing: Recognising the Challenges and Opportunities with New MFL Directions – Alex Ferraby
- Effective strategies in teaching speaking and listening for new Chinese GCSE – Fang Xiao
- FCSE in Chinese – Anne Martin & Alice Webb
- Rethinking assessment styles for Key Stage 3 and GCSE Mandarin – F.Davidson & J.Stagg
- Constructing a sustainable Mandarin curriculum model preparing students for GCSE – K. Howarth & H. Lewis
All workshop materials from our Conferences (2015 onward) which cover a wide range of topics can also be found here.
Jenny Chen, Head of Oriental Studies at Queen Margaret’s school, has created a quizlet of GCSE core vocabulary. Jenny has very kindly shared it with us in the hope that other teachers can use it to prepare their students for the GCSE Listening and Reading Paper.
Mary Wood, Head of MFL at St Bartholomew’s School, has created the following courses on memrise: