At present UCL IOE Confucius Institute are not recruiting new Confucius Classrooms. However, if you have any questions or are interested in applying to become a Confucius Classroom in the future please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools that are interested in becoming a UCL IOE Confucius Classrooms will be expected to:
- Deliver Mandarin Chinese on curriculum with a locally employed teacher in post
- Have a development plan for the delivery of Chinese teaching for the school that has Headteacher approval
- Be committed to develop Chinese in the local area through work with other schools, and where applicable with Hanban teachers
- Be committed to sharing expertise and materials by convening regional networking meetings twice a year
- Be willing to host a UCL IOE Chinese PGCE student
- Contribute towards future data capture as required e.g. Chinese exam results, student numbers and annual UCL IOE CI Confucius Classroom data capture
- Submit an annual budget application and delivery plan going forward (if the application is successful).
To find out more about UCL IOE Confucius Institute, please visit our ‘About Us’ webpage, and have a look around our website.