We are currently accepting expressions of interest from schools that would like to join the Mandarin Excellence Programme. If your school is interested in joining the programme, please read on.
In order to take part in the programme it is essential that your school should:
- Have an Ofsted rating in its most recent inspection of ‘Outstanding’ or ‘Good’
- Be committed to developing a strong curriculum presence of Mandarin Chinese
- Ensure students study Mandarin for an average of 8 hours per week, with a minimum of four being made of face to face teaching time
It is highly desirable that your school should:
- Have a strong presence of two or more languages on curriculum
- Be able to enrol a minimum of 20 year 7 students onto the programme each year
- If you are interested in joining the programme, or would like to find out more information, please email email@example.com
- We can then send you an Expression of Interest form to fill in. This document outlines the key programme requirements, funding arrangements, and allows you to explain how the programme could work at your school.
- We will be in contact to arrange an initial informal conversation, normally with the staff member who completed the Expression of Interest form. This acts as a great opportunity to understand the school’s ability to deliver the programme, and also provides you with the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the programme. We may then arrange an informal conversation with other staff members who will be vital to the programme’s success.
- The penultimate step in the application process will be a conversation with the Headteacher.
- Should both parties be in agreement that your school is ready to deliver the Mandarin Excellence Programme, the Expression of Interest form will become an application to join. Based on the information provided, your school will then undergo a final approval process by the Department for Education.
If you require further information related to the programme please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the below form.