Annual Chinese Teaching Conference
The IOE Confucius Institute Annual Chinese Conference is the largest CPD opportunity of its kind in the UK for teaching professionals in the subject area of Mandarin Chinese and about China.
The 16th Annual Chinese Teaching Conference ‘Looking Back, Thinking Forward’ will take place on Friday 14th and Saturday 15th June 2019 at UCL Institute of Education, University College London
The 2019 Annual Conference will be the sixteenth year of our popular Chinese teaching and learning conference for schools. It has become a key professional development and networking opportunity each year specifically for teachers of Chinese in the English education system and all other staff involved in learning about China.
Both days offer:
- Keynote speeches from national experts
- CPD workshops
- Exhibition of current teaching materials and resources
- Lively student performances
- Networking opportunities
- Lunch and refreshments
- Excellence Awards
The topics for this year’s Conference workshops are:
- Leading the Way: creating delivery that works for you and your students
- Encouraging and developing learner independence
- Primary Teaching
- Computer-assisted language learning
- Creating opportunities for learners to succeed
- Using culture, history and other resources to teach language
The 16th Annual Chinese Teaching Conference will take place next year on Friday 14th and Saturday 15th June, 2019.
To receive the latest conference information about the Annual Conference, join the Mandarin Chinese Teaching e-forum today.