Below are links to various workshops from our Annual Chinese Conferences from 2015 onward.
These materials all relate to the teaching of Mandarin Chinese speaking and listening at Secondary level and are ordered by year.
- Task-based learning for GCSE speaking and writing – Elliot Hsiao-Williams
- Learning, Living, Language: Different approaches to four skills – Yuemei Li
- Evidence-informed perspectives for teaching pronunciation to beginner learners of Chinese – Rob Neal
- Activities and Strategies Targeting New GCSE Exam Questions – from Speaking to Writing – Newton Leng
- Exploring Lesson Starters with Fluency – Elliot Hsiao-Williams
- Get Talking! – Annabel Hurley
- Don’t just say it rap it! – Adam Moorman
- Encouraging the Intiative – independent learners with all 4 skills – Alex Farraby
- Additional Materials:
- Linking Speaking to other skills – Peishu Lin
- The Mandarin Learning Journey at Finham Park School; building confidence in speaking and listening – Danni Yan & Helen Lewis
- Target Chinese in the Classroom: A Practical Workshop – Aurelie Sanner, Frank Wang & Vania Zanetti
- Effective strategies in teaching speaking and listening for new Chinese GCSE – Fang Xiao
All workshop materials from our Conferences (2015 onward) which cover a wide range of topics can also be found here.