Below are links to various workshops from our Annual Chinese Conferences from 2015 onward.
These materials are all workshops related to teacher development for Mandarin educators and are ordered by year.
- TT film workshop activities and feedback – Kay McLeod
- Teaching Mandarin with SEN learners – Yi-Shan Lu
- Differentiation in the mixed ability classroom – Lucy Wicks
- Self-regulated student learning (meta-cognition) in practice for Chinese teaching and learning – Lijing Zhang
- Teaching Mandarin to Dyslexics – Dr. Theresa Munford
- Feedback? Feed-forward! Marking revolution! – Alex Ferraby
- Engaging and Stretching learners in two boys school – Jo Bao & Xuenian Leng
- How to effectively use Hanban teachers – Xiaoming Zhu & Shi Jing
- Investigating the intelligibility of young beginner learners of Chinese – Rob Neal
- Reflective Teaching: practical steps to professional development – Philippa Vallely
- Additional materials:
- Thinking about the bigger picture: design your own professional development plan – Fang Xiao & Alex Ferraby
- Project based collaboration between schools via online educational platforms and smartphones – Kim Wang & Annette Yuan Jun Liu
- Target Chinese in the Classroom: A Practical Workshop – Aurelie Sanner, Frank Wang & Vania Zanetti
- Contextualising language learning – Industry mentoring programme – Alex Ferraby
- Exploratory practice – Rob Neal
- Effective partnership between host schools and visiting teachers – Liqun Dai & Xiaoming Zhu
- Progressing from Mandarin teacher to Head of Department and beyond – Jennifer Buster
- “What kind of leader are you?” Quiz – Jennifer Buster
- Looking beyond your subject and your classroom – Lily Chen
- Becoming a Qualified Teacher of Mandarin Chinese
All workshop materials from our Conferences (2015 onward) which cover a wide range of topics can also be found here.