Available here is a worksheet on writing common Chinese radicals, created by Josh Ma, Head of Oriental Languages at Whitgift School.
Below are links to various workshops from our Annual Chinese Conferences from 2015 onward.
These materials all relate to the teaching of reading and writing Mandarin Chinese at Secondary level and are ordered by year.
- Classroom strategies for delivering the new Chinese GCSE writing – Alice Webb & Dr. Qian Kan
- ‘Stickability’: Making character stick! – Lucy Wicks
- From extrinsic to intrinsic motivation: A case study of character teaching – Jane Woo & Sophia Lam
- Learning Chinese characters with fun – Xuequn (Frank) Fan
- How to improve your students’ writing skills – Linying Liu
- Introducing Characters – A Different Approach – Freya Zhang
- Teaching writing styles for the new GCSE – Yadi Luo
- Activities and Strategies Targeting New GCSE Exam Questions – from Speaking to Writing – Newton Leng
- Encouraging the Intiative – independent learners with all 4 skills – Alex Farraby
- Additional Materials:
- Senses and Movement in Teaching Grammar – Dian Huang
All workshop materials from our Conferences (2015 onward) which cover a wide range of topics can also be found here.