Below are links to various workshops from our Annual Chinese Conferences from 2015 onward.
These materials all relate to Mandarin Chinese curriculum and course design at Secondary level and are ordered by year.
- How do we create ‘China in the classroom’? – Helen Lewis
- Authenticity: Incorporating real Chinese into lessons – Annabel Hurley
- Creating a Chinese language immersion environment to maximise pupils’ learning potential – Kim Yan Wang
- Teaching Mandarin to Dyslexics – Dr. Theresa Munford
- Learning and teaching Chinese through games – Olle Linge
- Engaging and Stretching learners in two boys school – Jo Bao & Xuenian Leng
- How to effectively use Hanban teachers – Xiaoming Zhu & Shi Jing
- Planning for progress in the context of the new curriculum – Aurelie Sanner
- Don’t just say it rap it! – Adam Moorman
- Facing and embracing: Recognising the challenges and opportunities with new MFL directions – Alex Ferraby
- Teach literature at Key Stage 3? Yes we can! – Melissa Carr
- Activities with a twist for more active pupil engagement – Peishu Lin
- Strategies for promoting Target Language in the Mandarin classroom – Chris Webster
- Bringing Chinese religion and philosophy to life – Thomas Godber
- Constructing a sustainable Mandarin curriculum model preparing students for GCSE – H. Lewis & K. Howarth
- Rethinking assessment styles for Key Stage 3 and GCSE Mandarin – F. Davidson & J. Stagg
- Assessment for Learning: expand your toolkit – Sara Long
All workshop materials from our Conferences (2015 onward) which cover a wide range of topics can also be found here.