We are pleased to share with you a collection of practical resources and professional development opportunities developed by the British Council in partnership with the BBC: https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/support-teachers-teacher-educators
Please have a look through the webpage and decide which are most relevant to you. To help get you started, we have picked out some specific resources which we think may be the particularly useful.
- Language Assessment in the Classroom. This starts on Monday 27th April and lasts for 4 weeks. The course is mostly aimed at teachers involved in classroom assessment, but will also be relevant to other stakeholders who have an interest in assessment. Register or find out more here: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/language-assessment
- Understanding Language: Learning and Teaching. Again, this starts on Monday 27th April and lasts for 4 weeks. This course offers an introduction to some key concepts in the effective teaching and learning of languages. Register or find our more here: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/understanding-language
Both of the above courses are free of charge.
Pre-recorded webinars about teaching online:
- Tech tools and the tutor’s role – https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/teaching-online-tech-tools-tutors-role
- Using your coursebook and ideas for breakout rooms – https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/teaching-online-using-your-coursebook-ideas-breakout-rooms
- If the tech fails and structuring lessons – https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/teaching-online-if-tech-fails-structuring-lessons