The excellent Mandarin language learning at Highgate Primary School features in a BBC News report today (BBC News: Languages to be compulsory in English primary schools). Congratulations to teacher Rhoda Pennington, headteacher William Dean, and Year 3 class 3JB!
We want to hear from you!
From September 2014, it will be compulsory for all maintained primary schools in England to teach a foreign language. The Institute of Education (IOE) is working with partner HSBC to extend provision for Mandarin Chinese language learning in the primary sector (Mandarin Chinese for Primary Schools). The initiative aims to reach 3,500 primary school children across the country.
If you are teaching or thinking of teaching Mandarin, we want to hear from you!
- Read Case Studies on Mandarin Chinese in 3 UK primary schools
- Download these Key Stage 2 Schemes of Work
- Browse additional Primary Materials
- Subscribe to the free Primary School Mandarin e-forum
- Enter your details below to contact the team!
Click here to read the full IOE press release about Mandarin Chinese for Primary Schools.