CI Teacher Training
This webpage contains teacher training materials have been used or created as part of teacher training workshops delivered by the IOE Confucius Institute.
Dynamic Classrooms: Technology and Online Classrooms Teacher Training – Thursday 8th February 2018
Below are links to various workshops from our Annual Chinese Conferences from 2015 onward.
These materials all cover technology-based ideas and methods for teaching Mandarin Chinese at Secondary level and are ordered by year.
- Lights Camera Action! Using film in the Chinese classroom – Xiaoming Zhu & Dr. Carol-Mei Barker
- Using pop songs to learn Mandarin and culture – Chang-Chi Chen
- Chinese music and Chinese language teaching and learning – Lik Suen and Beibei Wang
- Fostering Learning through virtual classrooms – Lina Li
- Low-tech and high-tech ways to liven up the KS3 Mandarin classroom – Ben Stainer
- A video interaction to promote authenticity and spontaneity – Yuchen Li
- Creating an immersive learning environment with technology – exchange trips and homestays – Jingjing Ruan
- Get linked globally – case study of e-pal and Skype project with Chinese schools – Yuemei Li
- Bring your classroom alive with technology! – Allysa Liu
- Working with Technology: News-based Learning with the Chairman’s Bao – Sean McGibney & Theresa Munford
- Using Social Networking to develop CFL learners’ Intercultural Communicative Competence– Ruan Jingjing
- Developing MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) for Chinese Learning – Yu Bin & Lily Chen
- Using Google Classroom to support students – Katie Wang
- Project based collaboration between schools via online educational platforms and smartphones – Kim Wang & Annette Yuan Jun Liu
- Flipping the Chinese classroom – Shaz Lawrence
- Managing a project-based classroom with Class Dojo – Xuenian Leng & Haiyan Yin
- Using technology to advance students’ engagement and to enhance teachers’ feedback – Gloria Shen
- Developing a Dynamic Classroom — Working with technology – Philippa Vallely & I-H. Huang
All workshop materials from our Conferences (2015 onward) which cover a wide range of topics can also be found here.