The UCL IOE Confucius Institute Young Photographers Competition for 2020 is now open.
The competition has been running for six years and has seen some excellent photography from young people across the world. The aim of the competition is to dispel the cultural stereotypes of China through photography and show the vast country through the eyes of young people. The Young Photographers Competition is generously supported by the Chinese Embassy in London.
How to enter
The categories for this year’s competition are:
- Art Re-Imagined (Single photo entry)
- Masked – China opera masks (Young China Under 14s)
- Interconnectivity – Chinese traditions
- Made in China – Collage of objects manufactured in China
- Ready Steady Cook – Step by step photos of a Chinese meal (Portfolio of 5 photos)
To enter the competition, email your photos to email@example.com.
All entries must be received no later than Friday 18th December 2020. Please include your name, school and age with all entries.
The photography competition is open to anyone aged 18 years and under; entries will be exhibited in the main IOE building, with winning entries being given the opportunity to exhibit at another exciting venue in London. There are a range of prizes for winners and runners-up.