Below are links to various workshops from our Annual Chinese Conferences from 2015 onward.
These materials all relate to possible off-curriculum activities for Secondary level learners of Mandarin Chinese and are ordered by year.
- How do we create ‘China in the classroom’? – Helen Lewis
- A video interaction to promote authenticity and spontaneity – Yuchen Li
- Creating an immersive learning environment with technology – exchange trips and homestays – Jingjing Ruan
- Get linked globally – case study of e-pal and Skype project with Chinese schools – Yuemei Li
- Don’t just say it rap it! – Adam Moorman
- Encouraging the Intiative – independent learners with all 4 skills – Alex Farraby
- Additional Materials:
- Creating enthusiasm through independent learning: Using the UCL IOE Student Projects – Thomas Godber
- Chinese Proficiency Tests (HSK & YCT) in UK mainstream schools – Gan Wei & Christina Zhang
- Student-led Chinese Outreach – Kay McLeod
- Developing MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) for Chinese Learning – Yu Bin & Lily Chen
- Bringing in guests to enthuse learners – Irene Mainwaring
- Building Chinese and Stakeholder Engagement – Jennifer Buster
Yellow Earth Theatre Group – Kumiko Mendl
- Bringing Chinese religion and philosophy to life – Thomas Godber
- Chinese is real business – Yuemei Li & Zonghui Gan
- Effective partnership between host schools and visiting teachers – Liqun Dai & Xiaoming Zhu
- A real education in the real China – Natalie Syers & Alex Seigal
- Organising a school trip to China handout – Natalie Syers & Alex Seigal
All workshop materials from our Conferences (2015 onward) which cover a wide range of topics can also be found here.