Annual Chinese Teaching Conference
The IOE Confucius Institute Annual Chinese Conference is the largest CPD opportunity of its kind in the UK for teaching professionals in the subject area of Mandarin Chinese and about China.
Annual Chinese Teaching Conference 2018
Thinking globally, acting locally: motivating Mandarin learners around the globe
Friday 15th and Saturday 16th June 2018
UCL Institute of Education, University College London
2018 will be the fifteenth year of our popular Chinese teaching and learning conference for schools. It has become a key professional development and networking opportunity each year specifically for teachers of Chinese in the English education system and all other staff involved in learning about China.
This year’s conference will cover the following topics:
- Building Bilingualism and creating immersive environments
- New ideas in character teaching
- Primary Teaching (building interest in your school, age-appropriate approaches, working with your secondary school)
- Teacher-led Technology
- Motivating Learners: How do we create and maintain interest?
Both days offer:
- Keynote speeches from national experts
- CPD workshops
- Exhibition of current teaching materials and resources
- Lively student performances
- Networking opportunities
- Lunch and refreshments
- Excellence Awards
To receive the latest conference information about the Annual Conference, join the Mandarin Chinese Teaching e-forum today.