From October 2011 to February 2012, the IOE Confucius Institute for Schools successfully ran three teacher training courses. Each course lasted one week consisting of 10 sessions focusing on different aspects of teaching Chinese as a second language.
For more information about the UK Short Course click here.
The courses received very positive feedback.
- Thank you very much for organising such wonderful and practical workshops. Please bring more of the same and I’ll be there. It’s inspired me a great deal. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.
- I have learnt a lot on this course and I think that all Chinese teachers should attend this course.
- Extremely relevant and useful for anyone teaching Chinese as a second language.
- …the speakers have rich experience in teaching Chinese or languages, and the contents of the training are useful, practical and informative.
- the structure of the course is very good. I gain a lot of information and knowledge about Chinese teaching. Great value and experience.
- It'[the course]s given me a clear guidance regarding an ideal Chinese classroom and my next steps
- the seminars are combining theories with practical experience which I found very useful.
- The key interactive sessions were both enjoyable and practical – I will go home with some games and activities which I am confident to deliver in the classroom. I also have a good overview of second language acquisition theory to relate to my practical experience.
- I really appreciate that I have learnt during the whole week. I have realised some problems in my teaching which I never realised in the past. Moreover, the course provides me with lots of ideas to improve my lessons.
- what I like the best is the]full coverage at theory and practical level.
- Great organisation. Friendly staff and the course itself is very helpful.
- The combination of theory and practice was most useful, especially when the speakers come from different teaching contexts. Seeing things from a different perspective has helped me to understand my PGCE training better.
- Thank you very much for proving such useful training.